Fisher Price Digital Arts and Crafts Studio Won't

PROBLEM

I've successfully installed the software. When I hit the on/off button (orange button on top), nothing happens. I've tried several different USB ports on my computer to no avail. The www.fisher-price.com/dacs/register troubleshooting guide states that for "Program does not run" you should go to for a free update. I went to the URL, but got a "come back soon" message. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

SOLUTION


A couple of points.

Got it to load when you push the button and turn off...
BUT it won't turn on again without a reboot.
Temp solution was to go into the prog file and drag a shortcut of the dacs.exe to the desktop.

I've found the REAL problem is with the dacsminiapp.exe, each time you load the prog [at boot up? or whenever you shut it down] it tries to check for updates.... but the update site isn't working and it's stuck in a timed loop.
If you wait lonf enough abd pass your mouse pointer over the tray icon you'll notice it stops showing 'checking for updates' and the prog will work again.
I think the main problem is the update/registration site not being there so this application stalls!

Same thing here ----
the kids are very disappointed and I am very frustrated. I tried the Console Test Application that was suggested but according to that -- the problem is NOT with the console. Even though the claim is made that it is compatable with Vista - I am begining to think it is NOT!!!! We have gotten thru some applications (arts/crafts) but not many at all. Half the time the screen just freezes and turning it on and off is not use. I have to continue to kill the program thru the task manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program but that didn't help. I bought the Barbie and Diego expansion disks and loaded them - I can not even find them or there projects. I think it may be time to retuen and wait till they figure it out. I recommended to my family and friends - who I have called some (and have the same issues) and some I have left messages to just return it and but their children something that actually works.