Outlook 2007 - Emails sticking in outbox.

PROBLEM

Sometimes in Outlook 2007 I am getting emails stuck in the outbox. They are actually sending - and sending, and sending. Infact they don't stop sending until I delete the email from the Outbox.
The emails never show in my sentbox as sent, but people keep recieving emails over and over.
How can I prevent this from happening ?

SOLUTION


  • The problem is virus protection related.Check your virus protection for the area controlling/scanning outgoing emails and attachments. You will find that if you disable this the problem the problem most likely is solved, proving that it is your virus protection causing the timeout. For some reason under certain conditions the scan of out going emails causes a time out. For me this happens when I am wireless and my connection is slower. Adjusting how and when the software scanns outgoing emails can solve this issue. Or, there may be an advanced instruction in outlook telling it to take longer before it timesout.
  • This is more then not an issue with outlook. Outlook is just a mail carrier like your mail man.
    This could be cause by a large attachment in your email. It could also be caused by an anti-virus or firewall.
    If the email stays in the out box then it will not go to the sent items box.
    I worked support for Outlook.
  • You need to do the following

    Create a backup of your emails or archive your emails or pst file into a different location on on your C

    How to do this i guess you may know if not contact me and tell me if you are using Outlook 2003 or 2007.

    go to Start---search type *.ost delete all .ost files

    Go to start---settings--control Panel---click on mail--show profiles and remove .

    Restart Outlook it will automatically create .ost file for you while you configure outlook again.
  • I finaly fixed my issue with sending emails from Outlook 2007 - when they were getting stuck in the Out Box.

    I exported all of my contacts from Outlook to Excel and then imported them back into Outlook and it fixed my issue with sending emails.

    In Outlook go to
    File
    Import/Export
    Click on Export to File
    Choose MS Excel
    Choose your Contacts
    Next
    Finish

    Then Import them the same way back..